Failed to activate Microsoft 365 Developer E5 subscription

Microsoft

I try to get this subscription and got an error:

We're unable to complete this request

This service is temporarily unavailable due to a high volume of requests. Please try again later.

Any help would be much appreciated!
5 Replies
All that anyone can really recommend is to try again later. If this is indeed caused by a high volume of requests, I don't think anyone can really do anything about it. If the error persists after a few days, the only other option would be to try and get some support directly from Microsoft on this.

@pvanberlo So how to get support from MS directly? If trying again, it will request to generate a new tenant when creating the subscription, which is not acceptable.

It always makes you create a new tenant. You can’t add those dev licenses to an existing tenant unfortunately. Microsoft Support won’t fix that I guess as there’s nothing to fix. Anyhow, you can raise support requests with Microsoft directly from the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
I got the same error over weeks. If you have MFA in your Microsoft Account Enabled, try disabling it for the creation, it worked for me.
Thanks for your info.

I linked my VS subscription to my personal account instead of MS account, and I double confirmed that there is no MFA setting for my account. Then I tried to set up a new tenant with subscription, and still got the same error:

We're unable to complete this request
This service is temporarily unavailable due to a high volume of requests. Please try again later.
MS-CorrelationId: 798f42e0-fb92-416c-942e-4f3512746017

Every time this error occurs, it means that the tenant is created without any subscription in it.