Export Outlook Emails to USB Flash Drive

Steel Contributor

Is there a way to export emails and email folders to a USB flash drive, either in office.com or Outlook desktop app? Thank you!!

5 Replies

Have you tried the Export function under File > Open & Export > Import/Export > Export to a file? If it's just a handful of messages, you can also use File > Save As for each message.

@Vasil Michev 

Would I be able to import those emails into Gmail? I do not have access to the Gmail account, so I cannot just import through the Gmail interface.

Here is my situation: Our CEO retired, so he needs some old emails on a flash drive so he can import into his Gmail. He no longer has access to his Office 365 account.

Thanks!

That I cannot tell you. If you have the account configured on some device, you can use the same functionality to import messages.

Yes, you can export emails and email folders from both Office.com and the Outlook desktop app to a USB flash drive.

For Office.com, you'll need to use Outlook to export your emails as a PST file first. Go to the Outlook desktop app, then to File > Open & Export > Import/Export > Export to a file > Outlook Data File (.pst). Select the folders or emails you want to export, and save the PST file to your computer. Then, copy this PST file to your USB flash drive.

In the Outlook desktop app, the process is similar. Use the Import/Export function to create a PST file of your emails and folders, then transfer this file to your USB flash drive.

If you're looking for an easier and more efficient way to export Outlook emails to a USB flash drive, consider using the Advik Outlook PST Converter. This tool simplifies the process, allowing you to directly export your Outlook emails and folders to a USB flash drive or any other location. It’s a great option for saving time and ensuring your emails are securely backed up.