Export O365 Offline Global Address Book

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

While I can export my own Contacts folder, I don’t seem to be able to export our company’s Offline Address Book or the Global Address List (GAL).

I need to import this list in another application and sometimes also use it for mailings both electronically and to their physical address which is stored in the GAL as well.

How can I export these Exchange address lists via Outlook?

4 Replies
Hi Bharati,

You can select the contacts from the Gal, then add to your account and after you can Export it.

Hello,

In addition to what Nuno said, i think one step was missing.

First if you have not, you can add all the users to your contacts section from the GAL/OAB, you can even create a new group for them.

Then once they are in the contacts section the export is very easy!

1. Open your Address Book (keyboard shortcut
  2. Select the list which contains the contacts.
  3. Select all the contacts that you wish to export.
  4. Right click on your selection.
  5. Choose Add to Contacts. (I would add them to a specific folder)

It is worth nothing if you have a large GAL, this could take a bit and be slow, just let it do its thing, and if you are worried about it, perhaps set this up on an extra machine and not your primary computer.

Once you have done that, then you just need to export the selected contacts.

I would move them into a specific folder in the create contact phase, but if not you should be able to find out which ones are new by the date created.

Hope this helps!
Adam

Or you can buy your Exchange Admin a beer and ask him to export it to CSV file via PowerShell :)

Can confirm with Vasil, a beer would probably do the trick!