SOLVED

Exchange rooms - make organizer visible for everyone

Brass Contributor

We have but 4 rooms in our small organization, but people are complaining they can't see who booked the room when scheduling (they only see when the room is busy).

After some digging, it seems that this sort of setting cannot be set via Office 365 UI and needs to be set using PowerShell. Fair enough.

Unfortunately, I'm running into a number of issues:

a) the setting seems to be on a per-user basis! Is there a default group of all users in Office 365 I can use?

b) the specific access right I seem to be interested in is "LimitedDetails", however when using it in the Add-MailboxPermission command I get the following error:

Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'AccessRights'. Cannot convert value "LimitedDetails" to type "Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxRights[]". Error: "Cannot convert value "LimitedDetails" to type "Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxRights". Error: "Unable to match the identifier name LimitedDetails to a valid enumerator name. Specify one of the following enumerator names and try again: FullAccess, SendAs, ExternalAccount, DeleteItem, ReadPermission, ChangePermission, ChangeOwner""

c) I've tried using the Set-MailboxPermission command, but I would get the error "There is no existing permission entry found for user XYZ"

Is there a way to get my users to view organizers for events in our rooms?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by MBender (Brass Contributor)
Solution
OK, I managed to figure it out.

The actual command is Set-MailboxFolderPermission (not Set-MailboxPermission), and then the -Identity parameter needs to denote the folder: in this case, the calendar. As such, the command should look like this:
Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity room1@foobar.com:\Calendar -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails

In this case the user "Default" does, in fact, exist. So the command doesn't need to be ran for each user in the system, only for each room.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MBender (Brass Contributor)
Solution
OK, I managed to figure it out.

The actual command is Set-MailboxFolderPermission (not Set-MailboxPermission), and then the -Identity parameter needs to denote the folder: in this case, the calendar. As such, the command should look like this:
Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity room1@foobar.com:\Calendar -User Default -AccessRights LimitedDetails

In this case the user "Default" does, in fact, exist. So the command doesn't need to be ran for each user in the system, only for each room.

View solution in original post