SOLVED

Exchange 2013 On-premises Hybrid with Exchange Online Archiving

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

If my customer want to implement Exchange Online Archiving (EOA) on Exchange Server 2013 On-Premises, what licenses to be needed:

1. Exchange CAL Enterprise

2. EOA License

3. Need Office365 license too? or not?

Please Advice All,

Thank you.

5 Replies

Hi@okeha 

For using Office 365 Exchange Online Archiving. You need to purchase license for each user.

https://products.office.com/en-GB/exchange/microsoft-exchange-online-archiving-email

Example:

Example.JPG

Thank you

Dav,

Hi @Deleted,

So, we just to need buy EOA for Exchange Server License only, Correct?
No additional license O365 like E3 plan and etc.?

Hi@okeha 

So you need to have a look below, for example if your business has users with "Office 365 Enterprise E3" or "Office 365 Enterprise E5" licenses assigned to them then it is already included for those users. Users with other licenses mentioned below (First part) You need to buy the add-on as mentioned in my previous post.

Cloud-based archive and in-place hold as an add-on for the following plans1, 2:
Exchange Online Plan 1
Exchange Online Kiosk
Office 365 Business Essentials
Office 365 Business Premium
Office 365 Enterprise E1
Office 365 Enterprise F1

Note: The following plans already include archiving and do not require Exchange Online Archiving as an add-on:
Office 365 Education A1
Office 365 Education A3
Office 365 Education A5
Office 365 Enterprise E3
Office 365 Enterprise E5
Exchange Online Plan 2

Hope you found your answer here.

Thank you

Dav,

Hi @Deleted,

Sorry, but i dont got the point, for Now my customer only have Exchange 2013 On Premises but I want to Archive the mailbox to the Cloud, my point of question is what licenses do i need?
Only EOA License? Correct?
Sorry just makesure, for the clear statement.

Thank you.
best response confirmed by okeha (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@okeha 

Sorry , your first question was about license requirements.

If you want to add a cloud-based archive to a primary mailbox that's located on an on-premises Exchange server, you need to configure a hybrid deployment. For more information about hybrid deployments see Exchange Server Hybrid Deployments

Note : A hybrid deployment isn't required for cloud-only organizations where no mailboxes are located on an on-premises Exchange server. However, because your Exchange server is on-premises, then a hybrid deployment is required. 

Thank you

Dav,

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by okeha (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi@okeha 

Sorry , your first question was about license requirements.

If you want to add a cloud-based archive to a primary mailbox that's located on an on-premises Exchange server, you need to configure a hybrid deployment. For more information about hybrid deployments see Exchange Server Hybrid Deployments

Note : A hybrid deployment isn't required for cloud-only organizations where no mailboxes are located on an on-premises Exchange server. However, because your Exchange server is on-premises, then a hybrid deployment is required. 

Thank you

Dav,

View solution in original post