07-24-2018 05:32 AM
07-24-2018 05:32 AM
Has anyone used the exchange migration tools and if so did you have public folders? I'm looking at different tools such as skykick but it looks like the built in tools can do everything so I'm trying to justify why we would use third party tools?
Let me know.
07-24-2018 05:39 AM
07-24-2018 06:59 AM
Take a look at this article: https://www.codetwo.com/admins-blog/migrate-exchange-2010-office-365/. It's about different options you have when migrating from Exchange 2010 to Office 365.
One of the options is using CodeTwo Office 365 Migration: https://www.codetwo.com/office-365-migration/. It migrates both user mailboxes and public folders.
As for the benefits of using CodeTwo migration tool, I think the following may interest you most:
- it is easier for the admin to handle the migration tasks (no scripting, 100% GUI, user-friendly reports from the migration progress, etc.)
- as it automates the migration you can finish it faster (source and target server connection wizards, automatic user account/mailbox creation and assigning licenses in Office 365, etc.)
- you can schedule the migration ahead (the migration jobs will start automatically at a scheduled time)
- no downtime.
For some hands-on experience, you can also download and run a free trial version.
All the best,
08-01-2018 12:08 PM
It depends. Are you plan to move all your mailboxes to Office 365 and decommissioning Exchange on-premises (which includes remove Azure AD Connect) and go cloud-only or do you need to keep some systems on-premises and synchronize your identities to Azure AD?
First, make sure you can clarify your identity part and then plan your migration strategy.
08-01-2018 01:40 PM
yes thanks for your reply, right now we're in hybrid mode with AD Connect and plan to move all mailboxes to O365. In addition what is best practice for SSO, do we need to be federated?
08-01-2018 01:46 PM
08-02-2018 05:32 AM
08-02-2018 05:39 AMSolution
08-17-2018 05:36 AM
For Exchange to office 365 migration, you can use a third party Exchange migration software. I would like to recommend Kernel Migrator for Exchange software. It can help in Exchange to exchange migration, Office 365 to Office 365 migration, Exchange to Office 365 migration, etc.
09-12-2020 06:22 AM
We recommend you to try EdbMails Exchange migration. You can achieve all possible migration with this tool.
1. Exchange Primary mailbox migration
2. Public folder migration
3. Shared mailbox migration
4. Archive mailbox migration.
5. Office 365 tenant migration
6. Office 365 Public folder migration
7. Office 365 Shared mailbox migration
8. Office 365 in-place archive mailbox migration.
9. Hosted Exchange to Office 365 migration.
You migrate to your target Exchange server or to Office 365 server.
12-30-2020 12:14 AM
Are you looking for a perfect solution to migrate Exchange Server 2010 to Office 365? Then, I will suggest you try Shoviv Exchange Server Suite. This tool migrates source mailboxes like Office 365 mailboxes, EDB files, Outlook Stores, Live Exchange Mailboxes into Office 365, Live Exchange (on-premises), Outlook PST files as well as it migrates Live Exchange, Office 365 public folders, and archive mailboxes into another Office 365 Public folders/live Exchange and Archive mailboxes.