SOLVED

excel workbooks on taskbar

Copper Contributor

Please somebody help me - I am tearing my hair out!

I have a new laptop running windows 10 which I am struggling to get used to. It is just awful!

I use Excel a lot and have up to 10 separate workbooks open at a time transferring data between them.

I want to see ALL workbooks separately on the taskbar and not all grouped together on the single Excel tab.

Googling it says to go to 'Options' > 'Display' and tick the 'Show all windows in the taskbar' checkbox, but having installed a new 2019 office suite on this new computer, such a tick-box does NOT exist!!!!

Please, please, please somebody out there tell me how to have each and every workbook have a separate icon on my taskbar.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@devilishlygood 

SORTED!!!

After Googling many variations of words appertaining to what I wanted I finally found the answer:-

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-disable-taskbar-button-grouping-2626110

Basically right click on empty space on taskbar and select 'Taskbar Settings'.

After a load of switchable buttons at the top, there is then 2 rectangular boxes with drop-down menu's and on the second one, from the drop down menu (headed 'combine taskbar buttons') choose 'Never' - and job done! All workbooks now have their own tabs on the taskbar.

Just what the doctor ordered!!!!!

So simple once you know how!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@devilishlygood 

SORTED!!!

After Googling many variations of words appertaining to what I wanted I finally found the answer:-

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-disable-taskbar-button-grouping-2626110

Basically right click on empty space on taskbar and select 'Taskbar Settings'.

After a load of switchable buttons at the top, there is then 2 rectangular boxes with drop-down menu's and on the second one, from the drop down menu (headed 'combine taskbar buttons') choose 'Never' - and job done! All workbooks now have their own tabs on the taskbar.

Just what the doctor ordered!!!!!

So simple once you know how!

View solution in original post