excel spreadsheet will not save to server

Copper Contributor

we use a remote server for our business.  I am not able to save an excel file to that server unless I save it onto my computer, restart my computer and immediately open the document back up and save it on the server.   I can save it by doing a copy and paste onto my server.    I get the pop-up that says it is saving, for about 30 seconds then it says did not save file.  any ideas what to look into?Screenshot 2020-09-30 14.00.07.2.png

7 Replies

Hi @Integrity_Pump_Zach ,

without knowing details about your infrastructure - we had this issue with a firewall being too strict on inspecting data flow so it blocked saving an Excel file to a network share.

@BenKrah  we only have 4 people in the company, all working from home, so we  are using a western digital my cloud for our "server".   nothing fancy, no additional firewall settings.

@Integrity_Pump_Zach  OK, understood.

Do you have this issue only with this Excel file or with all Excel files? Do your colleagues also experience issues when they try to save this (or any) Excel file?

I think I may have figured it out. I was using norton anti virus and the subscription expired. I got Bit Defender to replace it and it seem to be saving just fine now.
Thanks for your feedback!
ok, the issue has come back.
Do you have this issue only with this Excel file or with all Excel files? Do your colleagues also experience issues when they try to save this (or any) Excel file?