SOLVED

Excel Share missing option to send as PDF

Copper Contributor

As of Friday, I was still able to click on "Share" in Excel. At the bottom of the box there were two options to "Send As" either a PDF or Workbook. This is no longer there, and I can't seem to find it anywhere else either. I use this to send invoices to clients as PDF's so that they don't accidentally change something on the invoice. Where is this function at now? 

33 Replies

@TheGMan2020 did you fix the problem?

i got the same problem files that did not got saved i can still share as pd but the moment you save a file on onedrive you can only send a link. and i still want to send a pdf instead of a link

best response confirmed by TheGMan2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I have exactly the same problem. The Share dialogue box is there for a millisecond then replaced with the Send Link dialogue box.
I have found a workaround. Once you are presented with the Send Link dialogue box, press Shift-tab and you will be sent back to the Share dialogue box.

Cheers

Cate

@CateMetz24 Fantastic! Not sure how you stumbled upon that, but thanks a million for the tip!

Awesome Cate!

Microsoft this is ANNOYING! You probably can't imaging how many of users have spent wasted time on this!

This is AWESOME!!!  I have had this issue for the past couple of weeks and it has been driving me insane!  Thank you for this crazy workaround!! @CateMetz24 

@mmkcomer  I note this issue has now been fixed in the latest software update

@CateMetz24 I just noticed that yesterday - guess it was an oversight.  Glad it's fixed!

Dos Not work on my Excel. Any Ideas?

@Philtcv22 

When you say it does not work, can you see the option to send a pdf or worksheet in the "Send link" dialogue box?  If not, can you describe what you are clicking and then what you are seeing please.

Click on "SHARE" link. Share Box Briefly appears, then the New share link box appears. Shift-tab just tabs around. No PDF Option.
As of yesterday we had some employees reporting the same issue. Shift-tab no longer works to return to the previous window. Since this thread suddenly popped up again today from 2021, it seems a new update is to blame?
I am unable to replicate this as the box is working for me. You are likely correct that another update has caused the problem.
I have another workaround. You can add the email command to your Quick Access Toolbar:
File
Options
Quick Access Toolbar
Select Email from Popular Commands and Add
Click ok and you should have the email icon in your Quick Access Toolbar at the top left of your screen.
Let me know how this goes.
Note this will only send the workbook. Not the PDF.
Yes, I actually tried that before posting here. It automatically adds a .xlsx file as the attachment, but there is no option to send a PDF.
yes you are right. I will keep researching this - difficult because I can't replicate the error.
I'm running Version 2305 (Build 16501.20196) dated 1 June. Is this the version you are running?

@CateMetz24 

Running the same version of excel which you list, Cate. Experiencing the same issues that SVW1993 details above. Here is a capture of how the box appear when selecting File>Share:Excel Share Capture.jpg

@jrmack 

No solution yet but I have a workaround for sending the pdf.

File

Options

Quick Access Toolbar

All Commands

Send.

This will give you the necessary icon on your quick access toolbar - click and you get an option to send a pdf.

CateMetz24 replied to jrmack
‎Jun 09 2023 07:23 PM

@jrmack

No solution yet but I have a workaround for sending the pdf.

File

Options

Quick Access Toolbar

All Commands

Send.

This will give you the necessary icon on your quick access toolbar - click and you get an option to send a pdf.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheGMan2020 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I have exactly the same problem. The Share dialogue box is there for a millisecond then replaced with the Send Link dialogue box.
I have found a workaround. Once you are presented with the Send Link dialogue box, press Shift-tab and you will be sent back to the Share dialogue box.

Cheers

Cate

View solution in original post