SOLVED

Excel question

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am using excel table. When I try to copy paste some numbers like 1000202610036 -> excel sheet is showing them as 1.00002E+12 . I would like to know what I need to do in order to present the number as the initial value of 1000202610036 . What option needs to be done.

Office version 1808

Best Regards,

Ivaylo

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Ivaylo_Bozhinov (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Ivaylo_Bozhinov 

The default number format in Excel is General, therefore you can display up to 11 digits in a cell.

So when you paste numbers length more than eleven (11) it truncate the value to scientific number.

However you can change the formatting of the cell to numbers or text and then paste the value

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ivaylo_Bozhinov (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Ivaylo_Bozhinov 

The default number format in Excel is General, therefore you can display up to 11 digits in a cell.

So when you paste numbers length more than eleven (11) it truncate the value to scientific number.

However you can change the formatting of the cell to numbers or text and then paste the value

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

View solution in original post