Excel macros and VA code not running even though they are enabled in security center

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Thanks for taking a look at my question. My company uses a quote tool that is an excel file on steroids - which just means it has a bunch of macros and VBA code. As of this morning, no one can use the file. It has been working fine for some time but now when opened, it says that "The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled." I have enabled all macros in the Trust Center, we have not changed any security settings and have not changed/added/modified any VBA code. I noticed that we were getting micrsoft security essentials pop-ups and found a Virus: TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfuse.DF!MTB, so I am not willing to upload a copy of the file in case this is the issue. I am not familiar with viruses but assume they can affect things like this? We have quarantined and removed it but still having issues opening the WB.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Not sure if we have a virus or just a technical "know how" issue.

Thanks so much in advance!

Ryan

0 Replies