excel logarithmic scaling boxplot

Copper Contributor

Hi, i transfered my boxplot diagram from SPSS to excel where i want to edit it. Now im trying to change the y-axis to a logarithmic scaling but there is no option for this. Can somebody help me? Thx!! Angelika

5 Replies
Did anyone find an answer to the question above?

Hi @anmian 

I hope it will help.

To tell Excel that you want to use logarithmic scaling of the value access, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the value (Y) axis and then choose the Format Axis command from the shortcut menu that appears.

2. When the Format Axis dialog box appears, select the Axis Options entry from the list box.

3. To tell Excel to use logarithmic scaling of the value (Y) axis, simply select the Logarithmic Scale check box and then click OK.

Excel re-scales the value axis of your chart to use logarithmic scaling. Note that initially Excel uses base 10 logarithmic scaling. But you can change the scaling by entering some other value into the Logarithmic Scale Base box.

@Qaiser_j 

Thanks!

@Sweet2020 You welcome! :smile:

@Qaiser_j  unfortunately the named option for editing the y-achsis is not available for box plots...

Do you know of another way to transform the achsis?

Calculating the log of my data and showing with decadic achsis leads to a wrong presentation of the dataset...

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Arthur