Excel Keyboard on Android Phone: the comma that is on second page

Copper Contributor

Hi! Everyone,

Lately, after an update of Excel, the Excel numeric keyboard decided to place the workable comma "," for numbers on the second page of the keyboard. If I use the fullstop "." on the first page of the numeric keyboard of Excel, the computation of the numbers unfortunately returns, "#Value" error.

The inconvenience is that, I now have to turn to the next page of Excel numeric keyboard to press comma "." for values like "203,4", "1,1" each time I use such values with a comma. If I use the fullstop "." on the first page of the numeric keyboard, the computation of the numbers unfortunately returns, "#Value" error.

Before the update, I could simply press the fullstop "." on the first page of Excel Numeric keyboard and the keyboard would make it a comma and this made the number workable in formulas.

Someone please advise how I can change this. Thanks in advance.

Suggestion: Microsoft, please make it as before by making the fullstop "." button on first page of numeric keyboard of Excel, be understood by Excel to be a comma to make values "computation friendly" or simply create an option to put the comma button on the first page for faster working.

Currently, it is tedious to have turn to the second page for a comma for every number with a comma.

Regards,

@ElpeceMusiq 

South Africa

0 Replies