Excel Find and Replace Issue

Copper Contributor

In Excel in Office 365, Find and Replace does not recognize or identify a value exists in the spreadsheet..thus if it can't find it then it can't replace it.

*This may involve Protect mode on the sheet-which there is no Un-Protect feature visible. My spreadsheet is not password protected to begin with-so the help screens in Excel Do address un-protecting sheets with a password..but Help does not help with sheets without passwords.

One help screen even refers saving in an earlier version of Excel-then running an 'un-protect macro'..which I do not find available. Furthermore in the properties for this workbook and sheets it is 'Not Read Only'.. SO WHY CAN EXCEL NOT FIND AND REPLACE? WHAT IS THE WORKAROUND ???

I have dates clearly 

2 Replies

Are you referring to the browser version, the Excel Web App? If so, you cannot expect it to have the same level of functionality as the full desktop client. My advice would be to test via the Excel desktop app if possible, if search/replace works fine there you know it's a limitation of the web app.

im getting the error on the Excel program itself. cant find something thats clearly there and needs to be replaced. like am i going to by hand go through each one and change it to .net?! ( its for a business computer credit for school )