Event triggers

Copper Contributor

Anyone had any luck getting events to trigger labels? Have followed the steps in the guide (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Overview-of-event-driven-retention-dd851332-747b-45b9-82de-...) to set up labels linked to labels and then apply to content.

I can find these Shareport list items in a content search by looking for items with that tag, but when I run an event, it says it finds nothing at all and therefore the retention doesn't get triggered.

7 Replies

Not sure what you mean by "run an event". Events are supposed to be created programmatically via some external systems (say your HR system), and will then "flag" all items matching the keyword/assetID. You can also create events manually via the portal. In either case, there is no way to "run" the event, it's an automatic process triggered upon creating the event. You can check on the progress by simply clicking the event, but remember that it might take up to 7 days for all items to appear.

Hi Vasil, thanks for the response. Yep, I follow you. But the test events I have created to run move to the 'success' stage under 'distribution status' whilst still not finding any items to flag. So are you saying that even though it says 'success', that doesn't mean that it has finished searching? If so, that's a little confusing.

If the distribution status is successful, you should be seeing the results. The only other thing to check is whether the event type matches the one the label was created with. If those match, I guess you should open a support ticket to have this properly investigated.

Yes, that's what I expected - labels do match on both, so not sure why it's not working. I actually did file a support request, but they passed it off as a bug and stopped responding to my emails. Sigh, guess I'll try again.

Well if it's a known issue, you have your answer :)

So it turns out that when the event says 'success' it isn't actually finished. Just checked this morning and the event now shows the items as processed. So if anything, it's just a confusing status message problem, as success doesn't mean it's finished.

Thanks for replying though! Hopefully this also clears it up for anyone else who may be confused.

Well, make sure to leave that feedback in your ticket, sounds like a no-brainer to me...