enable-csonlinedialinconferencinguser fails more than 24 hours after user migration

Brass Contributor

error message: The user 'user@domain.tld' is pending provisioning for the Online Dial-In Conferencing service, please try again later.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Enable-CsOnlineDialInConferencingUser], BvdCmdletException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UserPendingProvisioning,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Hosted.Cbd.EnableCsOnlineDialInConferencingUserCmdlet
+ PSComputerName : admin2a.online.lync.com

the user is properly licensed with E5 including phone system and audio conferencing being enabled.

the user was migrated from hybrid SFB on-prem pool to SFB online pool more than 24 hours ago.

a ticket was submitted to O365 support. it is #14426044

I was asked to elaborate on the problem after calling out the support tech for sending me a useless document on how to setup online audio conferencing (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/audio-conferencing-in-office-365/set-up-audio-conf...)

If anybody with authorization and a clue would like to resolve the ticket so I can enable the user's conferencing service after swearing up and down it wouldn't take more than 24 hours to provision, feel free to do so.

2 Replies

i'm having same issue with one of my clients,  Any update? 

@Rob Geach 

@Bakasan90 Yeah, dissect the Enable-SkypeForBusinessVoiceUsers.ps1 script and frankenstein something together based on it.  Pre-provisioning the audio conferencing service license and waiting until the provisioning status is complete before running the enable-csonlinedialinconferencinguser command smooths out the process significantly. If you're able to assign the license to hybrid users like a week before moving them, you should highly consider doing that.

Short of that, if it's just a one-time hot cut, wait 24 hours the first time, then move the users that can't be enabled back to on-prem and then back to online and they should all be fixed.  If they aren't try it again until it works with maybe a 15 or 30 minute wait between user moves.

Script Download:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=58401

Script location in zip file:

MyAdvisor_SOF.zip\3-Deliver\Enable Accounts at scale\3- Enable-SkypeForBusinessVoiceUsers v4.zip\