Email Office 365 Group Owner When a Office 365 group created

Copper Contributor

Is  there any better way  to send an email to Office Group Owner\Creator when the Group is created, the purpose is to email about ownership and some guidance.  Tried Flow but it doesn't have  trigger for Group Creation.

3 Replies

Hi @vveera ! Pls. see the link under the presented triggers when starting a flow without template. You can always send a request for new triggers or flows in the UserVoice link. I tried to create a flow without template and triggers in Office 365 group, exchange and CDS. Your advice on that would help the team to create a new template. But i think its only on the SP admin level, if so.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=837836

Pls see also my screenshot to that. I guess they will inform you if theres a workaround. Greets, Eva.

One way with Flow could be to create a Flow executed as a Timer that checks if there are new Groups and send that custom message to Group owners...obviously you will need some backend behind the scenes to save the data of the Groups you have already send a welcome message to...this backend could be simple SPO list

Thank you Eva and Juan for the insight. I did post in User voice.