Email Exchange Single User Issue

Copper Contributor

I have an issue where a single user automatically has any external email sent to their junk folder, what is odd is an email can be sent by en external user to someone else and cc this user or sent to this user an cc someone else and the email for the user in question is still sent to the junk folder but the other user receives the email in their normal inbox folder.

I have tested this with sending an email from my own email (which never gets caught as spam) with a simple subject of test email and body of test email.  Again I can send this to anyone else but if I send it to the user in question it is sent to their junk folder.  

If I look in Message Trace I get 

Status
Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide an analysis for this message at this time.
For all external emails for this user.

There are no specific mail rules in place for this user, all mail rules are global so what would affect one mail box will affect another yet I cannot see why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 Reply

Message trace is your best bet here, if that fails for some reason, look at the message headers for additional information.