SOLVED

edge server/ CAS server

Iron Contributor

Hi All

i am new to exchange, we have exchange hybrid environment with exchange 2016 and few components of 2010, i have 5 exchange 2016 mailbox servers, 2 exchange 2016 edge transport servers, 1 exchange 2010 HUB/CAS server and exchange online. (my domain in onprem is abc.com and my domain in exchange online is xyz.com).

i am trying to understand the setup how is it configured as no one is here to help me. i want to know where are my tranport rules created, send receive connectors created, and what is the role of exchange 2010 hub/cas server. please help me the syntax's of receive connector, send connector, what is the maximum attachment send and receive configured, where is it configured is it in edge transport server or exchange 2010 cas/hub server. experts help me on this 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Roger Roger (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Roger Roger,

When you run Hybrid Configuration Wizard it will ask you what are the servers to use in your infrastructure about the creation of connectors.

The HCW (Hybrid Configuration Wizard) does not create transport rules. It will create the send and receive connectors required based on your choices, is advised that you uninstall your Exchange 2010 CAS/HUB, because it could be on a non supported version or migrate to other server. The maximum attach size configured during HCW is 35Mb but you can change up to 150Mb that what is supported in Office 365, but you also need to change it in Office 365. The configuration of it will depend on what you will chose on HCW.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roger Roger (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Roger Roger,

When you run Hybrid Configuration Wizard it will ask you what are the servers to use in your infrastructure about the creation of connectors.

The HCW (Hybrid Configuration Wizard) does not create transport rules. It will create the send and receive connectors required based on your choices, is advised that you uninstall your Exchange 2010 CAS/HUB, because it could be on a non supported version or migrate to other server. The maximum attach size configured during HCW is 35Mb but you can change up to 150Mb that what is supported in Office 365, but you also need to change it in Office 365. The configuration of it will depend on what you will chose on HCW.

View solution in original post