Duplicated Inputs in Excel from Microsoft Form

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I created a Microsoft Form linked to Excel where users update KPI in daily basis, for some unknow reason some of the users inputs get duplicated in the excel file, with the same ID, I have detected that it happens when they use the form twice in less than 5 minutes, the last record is the one get duplicated, do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Hi @Zavalaher,

This interesting one, I wish we have some kind of validation at the form level itself not to accept the duplicate values, however if you have PowerApps in your Organization then you can configure the entry by giving such validation to the App itself.

So the best solution what I can advise you from my experience. We cannot control the user are the entry part and they keep doing such error. So educate them strictly not to enter duplicate records. Handling the situation at your end you can use Power Query/ VBA to delete the duplicate records from the file if it exits. 

That will ease your task & you will have clean report for data analysis.

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

HI @Faraz Shaikh 

First of full thank you very much for your quick response, We do have Power Apps in my organization, can you share how I can configure users entry, please?

Regards