SOLVED

DLP Policy Order

Iron Contributor

I have created multiple of DLP policies. The policies order from 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Can someone let me know which DLP policy has the high priority? DLP policy order #0 or DLP policy order #5?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

4 Replies
best response confirmed by px091 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
From the documentation:

The Priority parameter specifies a priority value for the policy that determines the order of policy processing. A lower integer value indicates a higher priority, the value 0 is the highest priority, and policies can't have the same priority value.

@Vasil Michev 

This information is conflicting with Purview -> https://compliance.microsoft.com/datalossprevention/policies

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.01.32.png

• Move to the top (lowest priority)
  • Move to the bottom (highest priority)

So what is it? Right now we are implementing some DLP policies and its all over the place. From what I understand having a rule on the top (low priority) is actually high priority. 

I agree with @paulemous. This seems contradictory.

@paulemous 

My experience, it depends on what order you SORT the VIEW in. 

0-4 or 4-0 for example.

So if you flip the view to from 4 down to 0, when you click a policy to "assign highest priority" it assigns it to priority 4

If you have it to sort the view from 0-4, when you click a policy to "assign to highest priority" it assigns it to priority 0.

Because Microsoft.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by px091 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
From the documentation:

The Priority parameter specifies a priority value for the policy that determines the order of policy processing. A lower integer value indicates a higher priority, the value 0 is the highest priority, and policies can't have the same priority value.

View solution in original post