Direct Routing sip issues

Brass Contributor

Good Morning.

Hopefully someone can shed a little light on an issue we seem to be having setting up direct routing for calls within teams. We have set up our tenant and base domain.  We have configured our SBC ( ribbon Sonus SWe ) via a 3rd party, with relevant certs and ports configured.  We can PING the sbc using the FQDN set in Teams Domains and have set up the pstn gateway via powershell without issue.  The problem seems to be that our SBC is not getting a response from the microsoft side when sending the OPTIONS messages and therefore doesn't set up a link..  Our SBC support guys say its not them and Microsoft support say its not them... I'm pulling my hair out at this point because im not sure if its something to do with the tenant settings that determines the communication between the 2 environments.  I have followed the documentation set out by microsoft.  For our customers who had issues with SfB this doesn't promote any faith with teams...   I'm a little up against it here and im not getting answers from the support team on either side here.

3 Replies

Don't you get any response at all from Microsoft when you send OPTION to them? Sounds like a routing problem then.

How about the OPTIONS that Microsoft sends to you, does your SBC reply to them correctly?

as from what I'm seeing u'll never get OPTIONS back from MS until SBC OPTIONS transaction finishes(successfully) that means you need OPTIONS/200OK before getting anything back from MS.

I seem to be having the same issue.  Did you get a resolution to this in the end?@WelshViking