Determine date of last email sent to Distribution List

Copper Contributor

In office 365 I need to determine which date the last email was sent to a distribution list.
I have run the command to check from message tracking logs but they are only retained for 3 days and this DL does not list in the output.
I will be checking Mail filtering logs but I am not sure how far they will go.

What other way I can get this information.

1 Reply

Did you check the audit log?

You can find audit log in SCC:  {Link removed by admin}

This log also need you to enable audit log, which by default is enable. Link: {Link removed by admin}

You can try this cmdlets to check: get-AdminAuditLogConfig | select UnifiedAuditLogIngestionEnabled 

If it is not enabled, please run this following cmdlets:

Enable global logging:

Set-AdminAuditLogConfig -UnifiedAuditLogIngestionEnabled $true

Enable Auditing for every user:

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited -Filter {RecipientTypeDetails -eq "UserMailbox" -or RecipientTypeDetails -eq "SharedMailbox" -or RecipientTypeDetails -eq "RoomMailbox" -or RecipientTypeDetails -eq "DiscoveryMailbox"} | Set-Mailbox -AuditEnabled $true -AuditLogAgeLimit 180 -AuditAdmin Update, MoveToDeletedItems, SoftDelete, HardDelete, SendAs, SendOnBehalf, Create, UpdateFolderPermission -AuditDelegate Update, SoftDelete, HardDelete, SendAs, Create, UpdateFolderPermissions, MoveToDeletedItems, SendOnBehalf -AuditOwner UpdateFolderPermission, MailboxLogin, Create, SoftDelete, HardDelete, Update, MoveToDeletedItems