SOLVED

Details about Office 365 Service Communications API

Copper Contributor

Hi experts,

I would like to know the details about Office 365 Service Communications API.

Q1. SCOPE of Office 365 Service Communications API service health

My understanding is that we can check the status of services such as Exchange Online and SharePoint Online "IN THE TENANT" in Office

365 Service Communications API? Is this correct?

Q2. What kind of service health status does Office 365 Service Communications API have?

I know that Admin Portal has the status such as Investigating, Service degradation, Service interruption, Restoring service,

Extended recovery, Investigation suspended, Service restored and Post-incident report published, but I don't know the case of Office 365 Service Communications API.

Q3. Can we check the service health status of Azure AD in Office 365 Service Communications API?

Q4. Can we also check the service health status of "Features" included in Service in Office 365 Service Communications API?

Can you share the definition and meaning as follows?

Features in Exchange Online

Sign-inE-Mail and calendar accessE-Mail timely deliveryManagement and ProvisioningVoice mail

Features in SharePoint Online

ProvisioningSharePoint FeaturesTenant AdminSearch and DelveCustom Solutions and Workflows

Project OnlineOffice Web AppsSP DesignerAccess ServicesInfoPath Online

4 Replies
best response confirmed by chicef380 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

1) Yes, scope is tenant only.

2) Statuses are the same as in the portal, full list for example here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.exchange.servicestatus.tenantcommunications.da...

3) No, for that you need the Azure SHD

4) That is automatically returned in the query. If you mean filtering by specific "feature", I believe it's only possible client-side.

Hi Vasil,

Thank you for the quick response. It is helpful for me!

Please let me ask one more question.

Can we also check the service health status of “Features” in Office 365 service communications API? I think that “Features” is included in “Service” such as Exchange Online. If we can check the service health status of “Features”, then are the statuses the same as follow?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.exchange.servicestatus.tenantcommunications.da...

Yes, it's returned automatically, you don't have to do anything special in order to obtain the feature status.

Hi Vasil,

Thank you so much!  I understand.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by chicef380 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

1) Yes, scope is tenant only.

2) Statuses are the same as in the portal, full list for example here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.exchange.servicestatus.tenantcommunications.da...

3) No, for that you need the Azure SHD

4) That is automatically returned in the query. If you mean filtering by specific "feature", I believe it's only possible client-side.

View solution in original post