Delay all internal emails for organisation in exchange online

Copper Contributor

HI all,

My boss has asked me to delay the sending of all internal emails to help with better face to face communication and the use of Skype for business.

I have not been able to find anything online, other than I will have to manually set a rule for each individual. Does anyone know if this is possible to delay the sending of all internal emails by an hour from the admin side?

Thanks 

Kyran

6 Replies

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately it would be too much admin work.

Is there a way we can turn off emails during specific times?

Thanks

Kyran

Your boss definitely has more than enough free time to come up with such "solutions". No, there is no native functionality in Exchange/Office 365 to artificially delay messages. It can be done client-side, as Nuno pointed above, to a limited extent.

Same goes for "turning off" email, there are no native tools to achieve that, apart from some ugly workarounds. Tell your boss to communicate with your users and educate them on how to use channels other than email effectively, instead of trying to force them via restrictions.

I understand where you are coming from but the difficulty is some users just don't have the level of IT literacy to fully understand or use alternative communication methods. Especially the slightly "older" users that have been using the same process for a long time.

It was to assist rather than be a solution.

Anyway, thanks for your reply and feedback. We will look at alternate methods to get users on board.

Hi Victor,

Thanks, I will have a look into this.