SOLVED

date

Copper Contributor

Who can help me.
I would like to change a date format.
In my word (and outlook) document I enter a date (by inserting date and time and a chosen format). For example: 2020-09-30. I have chosen for the date to be updated automatically.

Now I want to change the format to 20200930 (so without dashes). If I click on Alt F9 and remove the dashes and then click on Alt F9 again nothing has changed.
What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Margaritha (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Margaritha 

if I'm not mistaking you are referring to this. pls share the screenshot 

If this is what you need you have select that field > right-click > Edit Field >change the format "Field properties > Date Formats". This will be easy for changing the format.

Snag_2c4b61d6.png

Alt+F9 the field value should look like this

{ DATE \@ "YYYYMMDD" }

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer and like to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh 

Thank you very much. I see what's wrong. When i look with F9 this appears: 

{ TIME /@"yyyy-MM-dd" } 

if i remove the dashes in this code nothing happens. But if I change TIME to DATE the program asks to update .... and then it is ok!

Hi @Margaritha 

Glad to hear your query is resolved =) & thanks for sharing your experience 

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer and like to help the other members find it more

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Margaritha (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Margaritha 

if I'm not mistaking you are referring to this. pls share the screenshot 

If this is what you need you have select that field > right-click > Edit Field >change the format "Field properties > Date Formats". This will be easy for changing the format.

Snag_2c4b61d6.png

Alt+F9 the field value should look like this

{ DATE \@ "YYYYMMDD" }

View solution in original post