Dark Mode Reaches Outlook for Office 365

MVP

Outlook for Office 365 (the click to run version) now supports the Office Black theme. Preferring to use dark Outlook is very much a personal choice. I’m not convinced that I like it, even if you can force the message reading pane to be in light mode.

https://office365itpros.com/2019/08/20/dark-mode-reaches-outlook-desktop/

4 Replies
I've never been a dark mode type of guy, until lately. They are actually looking fairly nicely designed and I've been finding most of my stuff using it. Glad to finally see the preview pane getting the dark background like Windows 10 mail and Outlook web have. Hasn't quite hit monthly yet.

@Tony Redmond @Chris Webb 

Is there any control over the colours used in dark mode? (I know I can choose one of nine colours but I want some RGB control)

Also the current identity selected overlay in the calendar makes the already sludgy colors even worse.

Here is this weeks calendar - nothing too PII; would love the colors to be brighter.

Annotation 2020-02-12 110746.jpg

@David Slight I really have no idea... But I will ask.

It was pointed out to me (nicely, by an engineer) that Outlook desktop has the ability to select different colors for calendar display. Have you tried this option?

Selecting colors for Outlook desktop calendarSelecting colors for Outlook desktop calendar