SOLVED

create mailbox on cloud

Brass Contributor

Hi

I am using exchange 2010 hybrid environment, for one my user i want to create his mailbox on cloud. i have created Account in AD, if i run the below syntax from onprem will the mailbox gets created on cloud.

Enable-RemoteMailbox "glenn.maxwell" -RemoteRoutingAddress "glenn.maxwell@abcd.mail.onmicrosoft.com"

On cloud how can he use glenn.maxwell@abcd.com as abcd.mail.onmicrosoft.com is routing address and our domain is abcd.com,  on onprem do i need to create alias as glenn.maxwell@abcd.com or additional email address in cloud as glenn.maxwell@abcd.com, which will work for me.

to change the alias will the below syntax work for me from onprem.
Set-RemoteMailbox -Identity glenn.maxwell@abcd.com -Alias glenn.maxwell

in case if i need to add addition email address what syntax do i need to use.please guide me

1 Reply
best response confirmed by maxwell2k19 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
The user will get a primary email address based on your email address policy. This is the address they get, and presumably your MX points to on-premises and so the routing address just ensures the messages are forwarded to their cloud mailbox. They will send out from their primary address.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by maxwell2k19 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
The user will get a primary email address based on your email address policy. This is the address they get, and presumably your MX points to on-premises and so the routing address just ensures the messages are forwarded to their cloud mailbox. They will send out from their primary address.

View solution in original post