Contact removed from contact list still getting emails to list

Brass Contributor

We use Office 365 to host our email. A user who uses OWA has set up her own contact lists in her contacts. The members of the lists are from her contact list since they are outside email addresses, not members of our organization. She removed a member from the list and when you look at the list, they are not shown. But when she creates an email to the list, that removed contact is still in the list of people who are being emailed. I tried clearing her browser cache, as that sometimes helps O365 issues and that did not help. So then I tried removing the list from her memorized (auto complete) addresses in OWA and that did not help either. And she has logged out and back in to Office 365 and that did not help either.

When I googled this problem, the only thing I came up with was a posting from 7 years ago where someone using Outlook online had this issue and the answer from Microsoft was to delete and re-create the list. That doesn't really seem like a reasonable answer to me. What if the user has this problem with several lists? Or they need to remove a user again in the future? Is the only way to get a user out of a list to re-create the list? That's a crazy solution. Any ideas as to how to fix this other than re-creating the list?

0 Replies