SOLVED

Connect to Exchange Online(MFA enabled)

Iron Contributor

Hi experts i am using exchange hybrid environment. we have enabled MFA,  From one of my server i am using below commands on windows powershell  to connect to exchange online. i am able to connect successfully.

Import-Module $((Get-ChildItem -Path $($env:LOCALAPPDATA+"\Apps\2.0\") -Filter Microsoft.Exchange.Management.ExoPowershellModule.dll -Recurse ).FullName|?{$_ -notmatch "_none_"}|select -First 1)

$Session=New-ExoPSSession

Import-PSSession $Session -Verbose -AllowClobber

When i execute the below command from my laptop from windows powershell i am getting the below error

PS C:\Users\user1.MYDOMAIN> Import-Module $((Get-ChildItem -Path $($env:LOCALAPPDATA+"\Apps\2.0\") -Filter Micr
osoft.Exchange.Management.ExoPowershellModule.dll -Recurse ).FullName|?{$_ -notmatch "_none_"}|select -First 1)
Import-Module : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Name' because it is null.
At line:1 char:15
+ ... port-Module $((Get-ChildItem -Path $($env:LOCALAPPDATA+"\Apps\2.0\")  ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Import-Module], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModul
   eCommand

2 Replies
If you’ve installed the exo powershell modular on the machine. You should just type in connect-exo and hit tab. Can’t rememebr off top head it auto complete to connect-exosession or online can’t recall but then it prompts threw mfa etc. not sure if there is a reason for all that manual importing?
best response confirmed by Roger Roger (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Well, do you have the ExO MFA module installed on the laptop? If so, what does the following resolve to:

$((Get-ChildItem -Path $($env:LOCALAPPDATA+"\Apps\2.0\") -Filter Microsoft.Exchange.Management.ExoPowershellModule.dll -Recurse ).FullName|?{$_ -notmatch "_none_"}|select -First 1)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roger Roger (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Well, do you have the ExO MFA module installed on the laptop? If so, what does the following resolve to:

$((Get-ChildItem -Path $($env:LOCALAPPDATA+"\Apps\2.0\") -Filter Microsoft.Exchange.Management.ExoPowershellModule.dll -Recurse ).FullName|?{$_ -notmatch "_none_"}|select -First 1)

View solution in original post