comment bubbles in word

Copper Contributor

In older versions of Word when you added a comment bubble, there was a red line from the comment to the text to which the comment is referring. In the Office 365 version there is no line. So when I add a comment to a student's paper they have to move their cursor over the comment in order to make the line appear and see what point in the document my comment is about.

How do I change the default so that comments always have that red line connecting them to the text?

4 Replies

I can see the line just fine. Are you referring to the browser Word app? If so, that's normal - you cannot expect the web version to behave as the full desktop application, there are numerous restrictions/missing features.

I have two screenshots below. The first is the comment bubble as it appears in Word. The second is how it looks when I run the cursor over the comment bubble. What I would like is for that pink line to appear there by default, not just when I run the cursor over it.

This is the desktop version, not the browser version.

shot1.pngshot2.png

Try going to the Review tab and under the Tracking group, change to All Markup (ALT + R + TD)

That did the trick. Thanks!