Color-Code Email Accounts in Outlook 365

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a quick question about Outlook 365; I can't seem to find an answer online.

Back when Outlook Express was around, it allowed the user to color-code each email account with a simple drop-down menu. It allowed the user to instantly know what account any email was addressed to by the color of the email's Subject line. This was a great feature for me, I have many email accounts, all fairly long and similar in name to my company. 

I looked everywhere for this feature in Outlook 365. It seems like such a simple thing to set, but I'm guessing this feature no longer exists. 

Any help? Is there a setting? Or an app that will set up each email account in different colors similar to Outlook Express?

Take care,
Jim

2 Replies

Since you have separate inboxes for each account in Outlook, this isn't a big issue. But if you still want to use some color coding, you can create conditional formatting as detailed here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/automatically-change-incoming-message-colors-and-fonts-base...

@Arrrggghhh 

Did you ever get this work or get a response that actually answers the question?  We just updated to O365 and my customers want this simple color coding method.