Co-Authoring in PowerPoint for Mac - Constant issues merging changes

Brass Contributor

I provide IT Support for a marketing firm and we are having less than ideal results co-authoring in the PowerPoint app.  

Scenario:

• 1-3 users are co-authoring in PowerPoint (16.13.0)
  • Autosave is toggled on
  • File is stored in a Modern SharePoint Team Document Library
  • OneDrive Sync Client version: 18.091.9506.004 with option: "Let me choose to merge changes or keep both copies" checked under Sync Conflicts.

Users are constantly getting a message stating "upload failed:  changes couldn't be merged with another user's changes" they are forced to either "save a copy" or "discard changes".   

I probably get 15-30 of these complaints a day and for a company with 65 employees, that's a fair amount.

Working in the browser is an option but, the formatting leaves much to be desired. 

Are there any improvements coming to PowerPoint for Mac that will make these conflicts occur less frequently? 

1 Reply
Maybe a conflict with the OneDrive client? It should be opening direct from the web location thou by default. Maybe have your users try to open the files from the web location using "Edit in powerpoint" option instead, if they aren't already doing it that way? See if that helps. Guess Pausing OneDrive sync might be an option, but obviously it shouldn't work that way, just thinking of some work arounds for now :).