Cloud for security for small business

Copper Contributor

Good Morning

I run a  travel and events business cloud based and I would like more information about cloud security for my clients. 

Regards

Jennifer Watson 

2 Replies

Hi @Jennifer_Watson17 

Could you please be more specific? Do you need more information about "Office365" security or any specific service you use?

Thanks

Dav,

@Jennifer_Watson17 

Such as interesting topic and the answer contains a huge checklist for a small business owner before adopting cloud solutions. I would like to make it short and sweet.

Before making any decision to incorporate cloud services into your business operations, you should begin the process by conducting a thorough assessment of your data. Identify all data that will be moved to the cloud and make sure that you understand the value, risk and liability associated with that data. Some information, such as company financial records and proprietary assets, could prove to be a higher-risk target than nonessential information. 

sing cloud services to manage business data requires no small degree of trust, but that doesn’t mean it should be done blindly. Before entering into any agreement, be sure to do your due diligence on the cloud service provider. Ask prospective providers these questions:

• Where and how your data will be stored
  • Whether your data will be encrypted
  • Whether data you delete actually will be removed from the cloud entirely
  • What the provider’s security procedures entail. 

Your business data is important, and it’s your responsibility to understand exactly what will happen to it once it leaves your hands. 

Cloud data storage can be more secure than storing data on your own business premises. There's less risk of loss or theft, more flexibility and the ability to recover quickly from a disaster.

But nothing can be perfectly secure on its own. The way you use something affects its security. For example, you wouldn't leave your car unlocked in the middle of a town at night. Make sure you take cloud security seriously by:

• using sensible passwords
  • protecting your computing devices against malware
  • training your staff to identify risks and phishing attacks
  • having a sensible data security and privacy policy
  • complying with all laws about data storage in your area.

Regards,

Akshay

Cloud Engineer | Apps4Rent