changing outgoing name when sending emails...

Copper Contributor

Hi - can anyone help - i'm  trying to change the outgoing name when sending emails - normally I can find the options quite easily - but this seems to have beaten me for the moment!!!  When I look online just keeps saying:

Change the Email Sender Name in Outlook
  1. Go to File and select Info.
  2. Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
  3. In the Account Settings dialog box, choose the email account you want to edit and select Change.
  4. In the Your name text box, enter the name you want to appear in the From line of your emails. ...
  5. Select Next.

Where do I find this - am I being stupid (probably!!) 

I access my emails online only - so do not download to my MAC.

Thanks for any help.

10 Replies
Try to google for "How to change e-mail sender display name in outlook owa".
Thanks - I did that - and keeps saying go to FILE then ACCOUNT SETTINGS - when accessing via the web I don't appear to have that option?
thank you so much for taking the time to reply - unfortunately my display doesn't look like that!! I've got the 365 family and I don't get the same options - also it doesn't appear to think I have office installed and wants me to install - even thought I have it and have been using for months!! I'm a little hesitant to press the install - I guess I'll just have to live with it - very frustrating though !
Could you show what you see there?
Click "My Account". Can you change the name there?

@haywire23 

If you want to change the email address in the 'From' box you can do the following (OWA -365):

Open a new message

At the top of the message you see 'Send', 'Attach' and 'Discard'. To the right of 'Discard' you see 3 dots. Click the 3 dots. Select 'Show From'.

Click the 'From' box. Select an account or 'Other email address' from the dropdown.

HTH

Che

thanks for replying - I did a test message to another account (yahoo) and it picked up an old "from" (my name has changed) - I thought I had changed it - just tried to a gmail account and that didn't - weird - maybe this is to do with yahoo! I remember changing it back along - and it was just strange that I couldn't easily seem to find where that option is on the new version!
Hi - no - tried that. I did a test message to another account (yahoo) and it picked up an old "from" (my name has changed) - I thought I had changed it - just tried to a gmail account and that didn't - weird - maybe this is to do with yahoo! I remember changing it back along - and it was just strange that I couldn't easily seem to find where that option is on the new version! I think I'll live with it - thanks for your help.