Cell be locked after copy paste on web base excel online

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've got an issue. When we copy and paste on excel online web base (chrome/firefox), the cell on that file will automatically be locked. This all happens to all files. 

I was working with my group by share excel files. To protect the files I'm the only one who can do it by open the excel desktop version on my MacBook and protect the sheet.

Every day I protect the file if the cell is filled if the cell hasn't be filled will not lock.

Suddenly right now, all my team reported that the files automatically lock, can't be edited after they copy-paste into a cell without I lock the sheet.

Does someone here have the same experience and how to deal with this?

Sincerely

K

3 Replies

I noticed the same.  Couldn't figure out for months why cells would be locked and then finally realized it yesterday.  Copy/paste from any other document into Excel online will lock the cell.  It wasn't happening 3-4 months ago but certainly happens now.

@report666 

Bounce it up! so the team from microsoft will see and do something.

@report666 

The issue getting worse, This not only happening on excel online web base. We also had this bad experience in excel 365  either desktop version on Mac or Windows version.

The cells in a file should be locked by me as an owner or admin of the file by opening the protect sheet then go to format cells tick the lock feature then protect back the sheet with the same password.

But right now the cell in an Excel file will automatically be locked after pasting from another source without doing such as mentioned above. After the cell is locked, the cell showed a blank white cell.

If I unlock the cell, the cell's format change.

This issue makes us stressfully. I should unlock and lock every error cells.

Is there anyone from Microsoft here to help solve this issue?

Bounce it up!

@report666