Cannot have a website and be using Exchange at the same time?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I do not understand why with OFFICE 365 I cannot have a website and my hosted email?

DREAM HOST only offers one spot for name servers and O365 is using that spot.

I don't know if its a O365 problem or a DREAM HOST problem ( who host's my domain)

Is there a way to have both?

Thanks,

Chris

5 Replies

Yes you can.

All that is required is for you to go into the Admin Center, select Setup, select Domains.

Make sure your domain is added there and follow the instructions. There's a page that shows all the appropriate settings you need to make for your domain name.

The other settings for your website can be setup separately at your domain host.

Hi,

I've already done the inital set up... But in the screen shots above, I've had to remove dream host's  NS for office 365 to get my email flowing to office 365.

And when you go through setup,  and you tell MS you have a website, I do not have any other CNAMES, AA record, Text record. etc. But, I would like to put something for my website besides a PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED page.

without dream host's ns, I cannot have a website. Because without DS NS's I won't be able to get my domain to resolve to a webpage.

I forgot to add the reason why I cannot have a website and email at the same time is because if I set my domain to cloak to www.somewebsite.com

DreamHost DNS control panel complains to me in a big green box:

Success!

"cwm030(.)com" has been added to our hosting system!

Since it takes some time for new DNS information to propagate, it may take up to a few hours for your new domain to start working.

Right now no email addresses have been set up yet @cwm030.com. You can do that from our Mail > Manage Email area at any time.

Also, cwm030.com must be using our nameservers to work:
NS1.DREAMHOST.COM            64.90.62.230
NS2.DREAMHOST.COM            208.97.182.10
NS3.DREAMHOST.COM            66.33.205.230

Thanks for choosing us,
The Happy DreamHost Domain Adding Robot!

Capture.PNG

I wonder if I was suppose to leave DREAM HOST'S name servers at the top and add O365 at the bottom as a NS?

1.PNG2.PNG