SOLVED

Can you use rules to assign a Category or Follow-up to an email in Outlook for Web 365?

Copper Contributor

Hi!

We are about to migrate from Office 2013 to Office 365 and I have some questions regarding the rules functionality in Outlook 365 for web.

In Office 2013 you are forced to be logged in to an desktop Outlook client for the rules involving Color Categories and Follow-up to trigger.

What about Outlook 365?

Are you able to create a rule that assign a category to an email, even when you are not using a desktop client? And does Follow-up flags work in rules in Outlook 365?

I have searched the complete web from A to Z without finding the answer to this question so I would be very happy if anyone could help me.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by MrYatzy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You know you can just sign up for a free trial and test these for yourself, right? :)

Yes, you can use OWA to create rules that assign a category. Setting a flag is only supported in the desktop client it seems.

Thanks!

I have now confirmed that myself by signing up for a free trial! (DOH!)
LOL!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MrYatzy (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You know you can just sign up for a free trial and test these for yourself, right? :)

Yes, you can use OWA to create rules that assign a category. Setting a flag is only supported in the desktop client it seems.

View solution in original post