Can Windwos Search search OneNote notebooks stored on OneDrive for Business

Iron Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to include the content of OneNote notebooks in search results when searching from Windows 10? If so, would someone mind pointing me to some documentation please as I have not been able to get it to work?

If Windows 10 search can't index OneNote notebooks stored on OneDrive for Business I'd appreciate a note back to that effect.

Thank you very much

3 Replies

Found this in the comments section here:

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/32039272-onedrive-indexing-for-win...
I also found out another difference that turned out to be the trigger for showing/not showing "OneDrive" in Indexing Options. In OneDrive Settings, when enabling "Files On-Demand", OneDrive disappears from Indexing Options. When unchecking "Files On-Demand", OneDrive is shown in Indexing Options.

Thanks Alexander, I appreciate your reply. That suggestion did not help though. With Save Space ... under Files On Demand unchecked OneDrive does not appear as an option in Indexer.

I am not getting a lot of traction with this question so I am wondering if I am posting it in the best place? If anybody has a suggestion for which team to direct my question to I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!