Can't rollback an office update in Office 365

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'am trying to rollback Office 365 which is currently on version 19.03.11425.220244 with a monthly Channel update installed in Dutch.

I want to rollback  to 19.02.11328.20158. I have tried this via 2 different way's

https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-...

Ussing the office Deployment Tool

Run the command "setup.exe /configure config.xml"

With the follow dat in the xml file 

<Configuration>
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" TargetVersion="19.02.11328.20158" />
</Configuration>

An office box comes up en disappears.

And when I run the Update option I get the message that the software is up to date.

I also tried the following

Disable auto update en via and elavated command prompt 

COMMANDS:

This command takes you to the right directory for the update:

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun

This command starts the rollback process to the build and version I need. Notice I'm rolling it back to build 19, version 11328.20158:

officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=19.02.11328.20158

Also without result.

The workstation is running Windows 10.

Please help

4 Replies
Only thing I can think of you can try to change your release branch. I have a zip that offers the different branches.

https://webbtech365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/turismon_webbtech_org/ER-SfjCVoPdAmB226FpcMakBw...

It might be some server-side issue, as I've been having troubles updating two machines here for the past few days. The update dialog appears, and nothing, it keeps running for hour and hours without actually downloading a thing. Havent bothered to look at the logs yet, and nothing on the SHD as usual...

@Chris Webb 

Thanks for your reply,

After I have changed the release branch should I try to excute the rollback again?

You just click check for update it will take you back to previous build of office.