SOLVED

Can my wife have a second install of Office 365?

Copper Contributor

I have an Office 365 Home subscription. My wife and my son each have a share on their main computer. My wife has a copy on her desktop and would like a second install on her laptop. Is this possible? If I invite her using her email address it says I have already sent her an invitation.

3 Replies

I believe this would be activation based.  You don't necessarily need to invite her again, but simply download and install on the second machine and have her use her email to sign-into the installation.  This should consume another activation from your subscription if you still have an unused activation available.

Yes, it should be possible since you can install Office in up to 5 PCs
best response confirmed by Shaun Montgomery (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Christopher Lee wrote:

I believe this would be activation based.  You don't necessarily need to invite her again, but simply download and install on the second machine and have her use her email to sign-into the installation.  This should consume another activation from your subscription if you still have an unused activation available.

Thank you for your response. In the end I contacted Office chat support who said my wife needed to go to office.com/myaccount and sign in and use the install link there. Now all completed and working just fine.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Shaun Montgomery (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Christopher Lee wrote:

Thank you for your response. In the end I contacted Office chat support who said my wife needed to go to office.com/myaccount and sign in and use the install link there. Now all completed and working just fine.

View solution in original post