BUG: Filtering to a view in the document library (preview) web part doesn't filter to that view

Iron Contributor

When I select a document library (preview) webpart and filter to a particular view then 'apply', the web part continues to display the 'all documents' view. This bug occurs on multiple sites.

Screenshot below displays the view selected, and the preview showing the 'All documents' view. This situation doesn't change when I publish the page making the feature almost wholly redundant.

Screenshot_110.png

10 Replies

Have you also tried to set it via de backend? the url should look something like this /_layouts/15/listedit.aspx?List=%7Bb64d7bea-c73d-43df-9145-6ec2f062218d%7D 

except where list guid is it should be your list guid.

Thanks Paul. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any 'back end' when using modern pages. Do I need to download page, edit the HTML, then reupload it? Not sure this is solving the bug. I've raised a ticket anyhow which is being investigated. REG:117081516188713

i have attached a gif how to do it.

Thanks Paul. Happy with creating a view, for that to appear in the document library, and to set it as the default. Works a treat. However my concern is that the view I'm selecting in the options for my doc library (preview) webpart is not being returned in the web part. This is the case across multiple sites.

Hi Adam, did you find a solution to this problem as I am now having a similar issue? Thanks!

This started happening to me this week as well on multiple sites. Worked like a charm before.

If I add a new Doc Lib (prev) webpart and select the view it will show the correct view until the site is edited again.

I am having the same problem.  Frustrating cannot use the web part because of this

Are you still having issues with this? I've just tested in two of my tenancies and I see the web parts working exactly as Paul suggests. I've even tried using both modern List View web parts and Document Library view web parts, and both work as I would expect.

Steps during my testing:

1. Create view on the list / library and confirmed that they are filtering the data as expected

2. Put list/library web part on the home page

3. Edited properties, selected the view, and then clicked Apply

4. Checked that the correct view is being display - test passed

5. Published page

6. Checked that the correct view is still being displayed - test passed

@Matt Weston it works like you describe, but if I add a 7th step (browser refresh) I'm back to the default view. Also anybody else accessing it after the 'corrected' publish gets the default view.

Having the same issue and logged a ticket with Microsoft. They replied saying they have no update or ETA for a fix at this time.