Best way to do video conferencing with external users

Brass Contributor

Hello and sorry for my English,

What is the best way to do video conferencing with external users who do not have skype or Teams ?

I really lost between Teams and skype because this 2 softwares can do video conferencing. And i see in outlook, there is 2 buttons to create meetings : skype and teams.

what it is the easiest way for my users to do video conferencing with external users ? how to do ?

I look something who external users no need to create account to access video conferencing, if it is possible

thanks a lot

9 Replies
Hi!

Guest access with Microsoft Teams

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access

As stated in the article anyone with an Outlook/Gmail account can participate

Hope that helps!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoardthis is for adding external users in Teams.

I just want to allow users to create meeting with external users for video conferencing without create teams group

You will get two alternatives when creating a meeting from teams! You can choose a team and then a channel! This will create a channel meeting which can only contain internal users! If you instead invite users mail addresses (internal or external) this will instead create a normal teams meeting that everyone can attend! Even if they don’t have teams or office 365

This will also happen when you create a teams meeting from outlook
Ah I thought you meant hold conferences where other users don’t have Teams!

In that case, as @adam deltinger said use Outlook to create a Teams Meeting. Skype will be discontinued going forward

Hope that helps!

Best, Chris

@adam deltingerok so if  my users create Teams meeting from Outlook, they select the button and add external users email adress.

Then, the external user receive email with link inside. Just need to click on link to access video Conferencing without create account and install Teams,. that 's it ? 

Correct. You can add anonymous users. Keep in mind they will need to download the desktop client to share screens but it is still anonymous. Chrome and edge can join Audio and video.
Teams has some great functions and as mentioned it will be replacing SFB, once you have an active subscription setting up a meeting is very simple and only like booking a traditional out look meeting. The user experience is world class and with the ability to Whiteboard, document share and lots of other features including the AI-Powered Inline Message Translation makes for a brilliant user experience.

Hi I want to know if there is a way of me organising a meeting in Teams but then allowing an external person to open the call without me being present, is that possible?@leetptg