SOLVED

Best way to collect email sign ups on my website and use them in Flow

Copper Contributor

I am currently trying to find the best way to use a form or something like it to collect email addresses on my website. 
I use it to send them product lists. Currently, I am using the Form I created with only 1 Question that asks for the email. It integrates into the Flow very well and works.
However, my Problem is that it is so ugly and uncustomizable. Currently it looks like this:

image.png

But I would like it to look more like this:
image.png
Does anyone have any ideas what I could use in order to make it like that?
It has to be able to integrate into MS Flow.
Thanks in advance
https://www.ice-co.com/#pricelists

5 Replies

you could create a sharepoint list and then customize the form with PowerApps

best response confirmed by Adalsteinn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

It looks like this site is not a SharePoint based site, am I correct? if so then PowerApps is not really an option as licensing becomes as issue.

I'm assuming this is why you have used Forms, because it can be embedded into any site and that you can easily automate with flow. Unfortunately there is not much control over what the form looks like when embedding. If you want it to look like what you have described, you may need a slightly more technical solution. As in create the page yourself using html and a backend language to call a HTTP Webhook in flow. But this requires a little more work. 

Thanks for the response. Yes, this is not a SharePoint based site. 

It is created with Squarespace. There you are able to add custom HTML code into the site. 
I might look into that solution with the webhook if that works well with the Flow, never tried that before. 
Would you suggest writing a custom form in HTML and use Node.js to create the webhook (on Heroku or some similar service) that gets called every time when someone signs up?

Thank you, I have almost no experience with Powerapps and will look into it. 

Node.js on Heroku is a good option as there will be lots of examples on the web and this should be relatively straight forward. Just remember the security piece :) so you don;t get hacked.

PS. PowerApps won't allow you to share it publically. Although for internal company stuff its the way to go. But external not so much.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Adalsteinn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

It looks like this site is not a SharePoint based site, am I correct? if so then PowerApps is not really an option as licensing becomes as issue.

I'm assuming this is why you have used Forms, because it can be embedded into any site and that you can easily automate with flow. Unfortunately there is not much control over what the form looks like when embedding. If you want it to look like what you have described, you may need a slightly more technical solution. As in create the page yourself using html and a backend language to call a HTTP Webhook in flow. But this requires a little more work. 

View solution in original post