Batch migration stopped at Synced

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I have an Exchange 2007 server and we are migrating to O365. Followed the documentation for migrating by installing an Exchange 2013 server to act for use in a hybrid environment as we wish to manage onsite.

I have used AzureAD Connect to synchronize the user accounts and I just did the first batch migration from the 2007 server to office 365. However I have encountered an issue. The trial mailbox is stuck in the Synced status and has not finalised.

I have attached a screenshot. When I use powershell I can see the move with get-migrationbatch but there is no move request associated with it.

Does anyone know how to get this to a finalised state as at present it appears to be both on premise and in office 365 but with the Office 365 side being where new email arrives.

I want the mailbox gone from the on premise and available only on Office 365.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

Hi @John Oliveira,

Do you have the finalize button ? When you create the batch you have selected to complete automaticly ?

No finalize button. Only stop.

I found this article which I was going to try as it sounds like the thing to do.

support.office.com/en-us/article/convert-exchange-2007-mailboxes-to-mail-enabled-users-a1f79f3c-4967...

Hi John,

If you have Hybrid with Exchange 2013 that article would not help you, please review the batch if it has a complete button, or stop and start again, if it does not work please open a support ticket, but do not follow that article, that will break mailbox in an hybrid configuration.

As it was a test account I followed the article and it worked.

The mailbox no longer appears in the Exchange 2007 management console but appears in the Office 365 portal.

On top of that opening outlook within the organisation automatically opens the users mailbox and outlook anywhere and active-sync work.

I am going to test a couple of more mailboxes and if I get the some results then this will be the method I use.