Auto Decline resource room booking

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

We have a number of resource rooms in EXO, i need to set up a auto decline so that only selected users can book them. Currently the listed of approvers get an email to approve or decline. The calendar entry stays in a users calendar until its declined manually by one of the approvers. I've tried via 'These users can schedule automatically if the resource is available.' option when logging into the resource room account via owa, but it doesn't auto decline anyone not on the list straight away. Is this possible?

Many thanks 

4 Replies

@Mobeen1265 

Please follow the below steps to specify 'selected people' to book the room:

1. Open the room mailbox with full access permission in a separate window in OWA.
2. Go to Options -> Calendar -> Resource scheduling.
3. Under These people can schedule automatically if the resource is available, select Specific people and groups and then add related accounts.

@Kidd_Ip 

Thanks for your reply, but as mentioned i've already done this. This doesn't auto decline. The meeting still goes into the users calander until its manually rejected by one of the approvers. i want only people approved to be able to book a room and everyone else get a auto rejection straight away. 

Many thanks

@Mobeen1265 

Supposedly not, it will a bounce-back message to the meeting organizer and indicate they are not allowed to reserve the room resource due to permission.

Try setting up your users that are allowed in "These people can schedule" and then change the bottom one in owa "these people or groups can schedule automatically if the resource is available and can subimt a request" to specific people and groups and leave it empty -