Attachment trace

Iron Contributor

Hi Experts

for one of my user attachment was held on email gateway. i have later released the attachment. the user claims that he did not receive the attachment but i can see on email gateway that attachment was released. Experts help me how to check whether user has received the attachment or not. from the below syntax i dont see anything

Get-MessageTrace -sender abc@externaldomain.com -recipient myuser@mydomain.com -start "07/20/2019 00:00" -end "07/20/2019 23:59" | select Subject,Received,SenderAddress,RecipientAddress,MessageID,Status,MessageTraceID | Out-Gridview
1 Reply

@Roger Roger  Which Gateway are you referring to here. ? ProofPoint or IronPort ?

BTW, when you release an attachment from a AntiSpam whatever it is, it is still with user to retrieve it from Protection center themselve. They get an email stating, an email need to be released (Click here ) to release it, that click here hyperlink takes them to Protection Center where they can release those individual emails.

Additional, if you suspect the email/attachment is still stuck somewhere, you do a Mailbox Search or E-Discovery to see the actual content of the email that user has received.

Cheers !!

Ankit Shukla