ASPX page with Multiple webparts/Export to excel

Copper Contributor

Hello All - Question regarding some functionality/script

I am looking to set up an ASPX page in Sharepoint online and add multiple doc libraries as webparts with a couple filters to drill down by month and certain metadata keywords.  Out of the box when you do this I know you lose the Export to Excel functionality, so I am inquiring if anyone knows of any javascript that could added to page to allow the metadata that will show in the views to be exported to excel.  I am coming up empty when searching myself so I'm throwing this out there as a hail mary.

Thanks,
Chris

4 Replies
Is this a classic page or a modern one? By the way, take a look at PnP and how to provision WebParts using PnP Provisioning Engine

Thanks for replying, it would be a classic page.  Would the PnP apply here?  I am not familiar but reading over it now.

PnP is valid for both classic and modern pages

OK thanks.  I looked at some documentation, maybe I'm just not familiar with it enough at this point but does it allow for creating a page that pulls in multiple app parts connected to filter web parts?  From there the user would be attempting to export the meta data in the views to excel like they would from the ribbon in a normal view.

Thank you Juan.
Chris