SOLVED

Archive quota

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

We have account with 'Office 365 Enterprise E3' license. this license has Unlimited Archive mailboxes storage. but we got error about overflow archive quota size.

After it we enable AutoExpandingArchive for organization and problem account. but nothing happened.

We can not enable unlimited size for archive quota and do not know what to do with this problem. we need help.  please, help

thank you

6 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Ask support. Sometimes a tweak needs to happen to make auto-archives work properly.

it seems you are right. I spent few days already and can`t solve this problem. They wrote after set up AutoExpandingArchive property I should wait 60 days.

thank you

The reason being that it takes time to set up the individual "shards" used to build expandable archive mailboxes and then populate those shards with data. That work is done by the Mailbox Replication Service behind the scenes, and it's a careful process to make sure that no data is lost. https://www.petri.com/exchange-bottomless-archives

I called to support

they suggested to buy additional license $8 Exchange Online (Plan 2)
after it archive size was ncreased fron 100 Gb to 130 Gb

and now we are paining $30 E3 and $8 Exchange Online (Plan 2)
$38 per month instead $30 per moth with Unlimited size and did not solve our problem

any ideas what to do ?

E3 license contains Exchange Online Plan 2 and with that, unlimited archive quota. If it is a shared mailbox, you need EOP2 or EOP1 with archive.

Ask support again and refer to the following article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/enable-unlimited-archiving-in-office-365-admin-help-e2a789f...

If this is a primary user mailbox with EOP2 (E3 plan) then you don't have to pay extra. Verify your current configuration and ask support again would be my suggestion.

I did it already, it is my first step for solving problem

-AutoExpandingArchive was enabled, for company and user with problem

it seems support is only one chance for incresing archive size quote

I will try to call to support again

thank you

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Ask support. Sometimes a tweak needs to happen to make auto-archives work properly.

View solution in original post