SOLVED

App catalog site for Remote Event Receiver

Copper Contributor

Hello,

i have to create remote event receiver (RER) for a list.

i have started work on provider hosted app because using provider hosted app only we can create RER.

in some google links i saw that they are using app catalog site and then creating client ID and client Secret ID but some google links didn't used app catalog site.

so whats the use of app catalog site ?

Is it mandatory to use  app catalog site in provider hosted app ?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Anuj 111Shukla (Copper Contributor)
Solution
An App Catalog site is the place where you deploy any Add-in you create in your SPO tenant...since you are creating a Provider-Hosted Add-in, you have to publish it in the App Catalog....switching gears, I would recommend you to take a look to webhoojks as an alternative to RERs

Thanks,

i will check webhook.

just had confusion that is it required to use app catalog site or not.

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
An App Catalog site is the place where you deploy any Add-in you create in your SPO tenant...since you are creating a Provider-Hosted Add-in, you have to publish it in the App Catalog....switching gears, I would recommend you to take a look to webhoojks as an alternative to RERs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anuj 111Shukla (Copper Contributor)
Solution

View solution in original post